Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Festival Of Bast


According to many pagan calendars, April 15 was the annual festival of Bast. This was Egypt's most popular festival. A precursor of modern mardi Gras, it was renowned for parties, revelry, and drunkenness. Herodotus, the Greek traveler and historian writing in the fifth century BCE, claimed that more wine was consumed in Egypt during this festival than during the entire rest of the year...

... I am so sorry, but this post has been moved to my new website, The Pagan Calendar, and can be found in its entirety here: The Festival of Bast

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin