Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

The Festival of Navigation


The Festival of Navigation (Navigium Isidis) was an ancient Roman festival that celebrated Isis as the ruler over safe navigation, boats, fishing, and the final journey of life. At this festival, after an elaborate parade, a Ship of Isis filled with great offerings of incense, flowers, libations and small shrines was sent out to sea.

I do like the idea of sending out ships with offerings to Isis. And with that in mind, I'm sharing here a video tutorial on how to make a paper boat that floats on water....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Pagan Calendar, and can be found in its entirety here: The Festival of Navigation

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin