Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flowers You Can Eat

Here is an extensive but by no means complete listing of edible flowers. I've listed them as follows:
Common name: (botonical name):  Flavor - other information.

Please note: While the flowers mentioned in this edible flowers list are edible, other parts of the plants mentioned in this list may be poisonous. Know what you're eating! Also, be sure that no pesticides of other potentially harmful substances have been applied to the plant. Avoid plants growing along the sides of roads as they may have absorbed toxins from passing traffic.



Anise (hyssop Agastache foeniculum): Licorice
Apple (Malus spp.): Floral - Eat in moderation since flowers contain cyanide precursors
Arugula (Eruca vesicaria sativa): Peppery - once flowers form, the leaves become bitter

...

I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Encyclopedia of Herbology, hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com, and can be found in its entirety here: Flowers You Can Eat



2 comments:

Sartassa said...

thank you for this lovely article, learned a lot. Now I cannot wait to get back to my old hometown and browse my mother's garden. Had to share link it in my blog, hope you don't mind.
hugs

Drali Afrohealer said...

I hear that these flowers can be eaten as the way of casting a love spell but i don't know if it is true. If it is true which flower can help in the casting of love spell wicca

Blog Widget by LinkWithin